Wednesday 26 March 2014

Berlin, day three

I always find the last day of any trip to be a bit of a strange one, particularly as I have a tendency to clock watch (thanks Dad) and find it difficult to relax and enjoy the final few hours.

That being said, we got up early, left our luggage at the hotel and headed out for one final wander around the local area.


Both The Boy and I were fascinated by all the different types of art and graffiti that seemed to be around every corner.
After exploring Mitte some more we headed East to one of the main shopping districts (in a fruitless search for the Berlin Reiss store). 

We stopped by the Lego shop and picked up what may become the cake topper for our wedding cake.

Even though I'm now thirty, I love lego and so does The Boy (Christmas present idea *ALERT*). I think we could easily end up with a house where a room was devoted entirely to the stuff. If only our house were big enough.
Having searched high and low for Reiss we ambled back across town for lunch. 

We actually ended up going back to Weihenstephaner in Hackescher Markt which we went to on the first day, as it had a really nice area where you could sit and watch the world go by. Also, I had already spied what I wanted to eat and had been thinking about it for three full days.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you...a dish whose name I cannot find anywhere on the menu. God dammit.
My god, it was delicious. The Boy isn't one for wanting to go back to the same place twice but even he admitted that this was worth it.

We passed a couple of hours drinking beers and people watching in the afternoon sun before heading back to the hotel to pick up our bags. It was a wonderful weekend and one I'd definitely like to repeat sometime in the future, we're already looking at which other German cities take our fancy - and as my friend The Fashion Armoire has just moved to Dusseldorf perhaps a culinary adventure could be on the cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...