Saturday 11 January 2014

A country carnival

Back in November The Boy and I went on our annual pilgrimage to Somerset for carnival.

Now, I know this post is late, and I know it's hardly worth posting now that so much time has passed but you know what? I don't care so I'm going to post this anyway.

I love the floats and every year just gets better and better, here's some pics of my favourites from 2013.
We headed down on Thursday evening for a three day break with The Boy's family, which I usually class as the first activity of the Christmas lead up, even though it takes place in mid November.

Friday was Wells carnival so we all wrapped up warm and picked a spot close to a pub for refreshments but also close enough to the carnival route to provide ample viewing. I obviously insisted The Boy buy me a balloon (I'm a child at heart).

On Saturday we celebrated Gerald's birthday with a trip to a local restaurant where much merriment ensued, finished off with cocktails and dancing in The Boy's parents living room - you just can't beat a night spent with family, even if it does leave you a tad worse for wear the following morning.
With a raging hangover we then enjoyed a Sunday birthday buffet followed by a trip to see Grandad and Philly, and getting the coach back to London on Sunday evening.

It was a wonderful weekend and nice for us all to be together again, the perfect start to the Christmas festivities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...