Wednesday 2 October 2013

Paris Day 1: My girl, my guy and my new found love

There really is nothing like a weekend away.

An excuse to forget about any work troubles, wear the clothes you normally save for "best" and use up some of the beauty samples that always accumulate in the bathroom cabinet. 

Weekends away are the best.

This past Friday I left my little flat in London for an adventure into the unknown, to visit a city I'd always dreamt of visiting: Paris.

It was a wonderful few days, with lots of walking, sightseeing, food and wine, here's a few pictures from our first day in France.
 Me and my gal Zsa Zsa, looking surprisingly sprightly after a 4.30am wake up call.
We went for a wander near the hotel before heading into the city for a spot of lunch. Wine and bread on a Friday lunchtime, you just can't beat it.
 Checking out the local art, before getting told off for sitting in the wrong place, standard.
We took a breather in the sunshine (which we definitely weren't prepared for) before strolling to the Arc de Triomphe.
We called in at Printemps and stopped for a drink at Le Deli-Cieux, an amazing rooftop cafe with 360 degree views of the city. I'd really recommend a pit stop here if it's a clear day and you need a beverage. It only costs you the price of a drink of your choice and you can relax in the sunshine with the few other locals and tourists that seem to know that this magical place exists. It was a wonderful place to while away the afternoon.
After heading back to the hotel Zsa made tracks back into the city to catch her train whilst The Boy and I freshened up for dinner.
 The hotel was nothing short of fantastic. The staff were really welcoming and they recommended several restaurants for dinner. Our room even had a balcony overlooking a pretty Parisian side street, I couldn't have wished for anything more; The Boy did good. It was the perfect place to set up base camp for the next few days.
After a quick change we headed out to one of the recommended local restaurants, Au Petit Panisse a traditional french bistro with delicious food at a reasonable price, that was conveniently just around the corner from the hotel.
 I went for pate to start.
Whilst The Boy went for Octopus and Chorizo salad.
 For main I had Tuna steak and Gnocchi, which was delicious let me tell you.
 Whilst The Boy had Steak Tartare, which also tasted amazing.
It was a lovely romantic evening and the perfect start to the holiday.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...