Wednesday 9 October 2013

Not your average Sunday morning run

On Sunday morning I decided to go for a run. 

Along with 15,999 other fitness fanatics and charity fundraisers.
Having run the Royal Parks Half Marathon last year I couldn't wait to run it again and have been training hard for the past few months. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm still no runner but my fitness levels have vastly improved and I'm planning on continuing with a few runs every week. I'm even thinking of signing up to run again next year - it's that addictive! - even though I swore on Sunday that this years half would be my last.
I was let down slightly by the weather (it was just too hot for me) and ended up finishing ten minutes slower than last year but to be honest, I'm just pleased I finished and didn't succumb to heat stroke, unlike so many of my fellow runners.

That's me (below), hobbling towards the finish line.

 Congratulations to all my fellow runners - see you again next year!

To find out more about the Royal Parks Half Marathon visit their website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...