Thursday 26 September 2013

Planning ahead

Today's Blogtember topic was more of a task, Go to a coffee shop. Order a favorite drink. Write about what makes you happy and what makes you sad. Or write about anything you'd like! If you can't make it to a coffee shop, at least leave your usual space and write someplace new.

I had big plans for this Blogtember post.

I was envisaging packing up my bag and heading to my favourite local coffee shop for a spot of blogging, people watching and general relaxation but alas, that was not to be. 
 
Birthday shenanigans and half marathon training has left little time for much else and all I want to do of an evening is have a bath, put my pjammas on and watch trashy TV. Alongside some blogging, natch.

I usually blog at my desk in the bedroom (a rickety chest of drawers that came with the flat, that I've done my best to turn into a conducive place for creativity) but for the sake of this post I upped sticks and decamped to the kitchen with the iPad, a pen and paper, and a pile of magazines.
 
There's something about being in the kitchen, at a proper table that seems to really get my creative juices going. Whether it's being away from the temptation of the internet, or simply the fact that the chairs are more comfortable, I always tend to get a lot more done.
 
Today's task: coming up with some blog posts that will help me continue the momentum of the Blogtember challenge.
 
I've really enjoyed Blogtember. Having the weekends off has given me a break and having a list of prepared topics has really helped me write my blogs quickly and plan ahead so it's definitely the kind of thing I'd like to continue. In most areas of my life, organisation is key and this past month has proved that I do have time for blogging, I just need to think ahead.
 This post is part of Blogtember, the brainchild of Jenni over at Story of My Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...