Wednesday 25 September 2013

My week in photos 23

Today's Blogtember topic,  A "life lately" post, what you're up to, how you're feeling, how you're doing on your goals, etc, could not have come at a better time as I have lots to tell/show you all! 

If you read this blog regularly you'll know that this past Friday was my thirtieth birthday, and I've been celebrating for what feels like the past two weeks solid....and there's more celebrations to come! 

I've been lucky enough to have the opportunity to spend some time with my nearest and dearest, had some days off work and basically been treated like a princess. It's all been pretty overwhelming but has made me feel so blessed at the same time, and has made me see even more that I have so many amazing people in my life. 

I have a few blogs lined up giving you more of an insight into where I've been this past weekend but firstly, here's some pictures of what I've been getting up to lately.
 Clockwise from top left: Amazing pasta dinner date with The Boy - Sightseeing on my pre-birthday drinks run - Watching the women's triathlon - Laughs with my gang - The Boy and Danny Boy - My girls - Cocktails with Kimmy - Geese in Hyde Park
 Clockwise from top left: Birthday cocktails - My gorgeous earrings from my family - Birthday breakfast - The sun setting on my twenties
 Clockwise from top left: My New York quilt, handmade by my amazing mother - Retro card from my gorgeous Boy - Personalised gift from my girls - Love - The one picture that sums up in a nutshell my birthday night out, dancing with my besties - Two of my faves - Hobettes - My dream coat, finally tracked down in Nottingham
Clockwise from top left: Champers on my birthday eve with Mum, Dad and The Boy - Feeling overwhelmed by all my cards and gifts - I know what I'm doing this Winter! Thanks Aunty Mary (I wish I had your skills!) - Card from my gal Jadey
My thirtieth birthday has made me realise how far I've come, particularly over the past five years. 

I've achieved so much and done so many things that I never dreamed I would. Sure, its not all been good times but the bad times have only made me stronger and more prepared for whatever the future may hold.

Over the coming years I'd love to marry my Boy, have babies and buy a house but there's also so many other non-traditional goals I have. I'd love to start my own business, go back to Japan, continue to learn French, keep running, lose another stone, get more qualifications (more studying, am I mental?!) and volunteer for a charity. 

So watch this space, who knows what the future holds.

This post is part of Blogtember, the brainchild of Jenni over at Story of My Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...