Tuesday 3 September 2013

Hampshire is my home

This month I've embarked on a new challenge.

Having stumbled upon Blogtember through my friend Mimi, I've decided to give it a go and aim to blog every day in September, with the exception of weekends.  

Today's topic is: Describe where or what you come from. The people/ the places, and/ or the factors that make up who you are.

Although I live in London now, if you read this blog regularly you'll know that I often return home to visit my family and the area where I spent most of my life.

Hampshire, or more specifically Titchfield Village and the Warsash, Locks Heath and Park Gate areas, will always hold a special place in my heart. It's where I went to school, met my friends, learned to love, had my heart broken, had to grow up and started on the road to London. 

I lived with my Mum and Dad in our family home in Hampshire for around twenty years before I headed for the big smoke and even today, three years later, I still sometimes find myself feeling homesick. I head home for the weekend about once every six weeks and as soon as I see the sun set over Portsmouth on a Friday evening I immediately feel comfortable: I'm home. 

It doesn't matter what we end up doing: a trip to the local pub, afternoon tea with Mother, a trip to M&S with Dad, goofing around with Mark, a walk along the beach or simply a night in front of the telly, I love spending time with my parents and my brother, and I don't care who knows it.

These are my people, and they've helped make me the person that I am today.
 This post is part of Blogtember, the brainchild of Jenni over at Story of My Life.

1 comment:

  1. I wrote about my family, too :) Enjoyed your post and glad you will be participating in Blogtember!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...