Monday 9 September 2013

All about me, a test of personality

Today's Blogtember topic has two parts. 

First we were to take this short personality test and then to respond to the results. 

The Humanmetrics Jung Typology Test has more than 70 questions on a variety of topics which are meant to determine what type of personality I have and what career I'm suited to. 

Now, I'm not going to lie, I wasn't exactly looking forward to this topic as I usually find these tests boring and not particularly accurate, but this one seemed different and in the spirit of Blogtember I decided to give it a go.

Apparently, I'm an ISFJ type, which means I'm 11% introvert, 1% sensing, 38% feeling and 44% judging, or Introverted Sensing and Extraverted Feeling, which to begin, with didn't mean much to me. Until I read this that is...

ISFJs live in a world that is concrete and kind. They are truly warm and kind-hearted, and want to believe the best of people. They value harmony and cooperation, and are likely to be very sensitive to other people's feelings. People value the ISFJ for their consideration and awareness, and their ability to bring out the best in others by their firm desire to believe the best. 

ISFJs have a rich inner world that is not usually obvious to observers. 

This statement alone is so true to my life. I'm more than happy to spend time on my own and it takes me a while to feel comfortable around people. I tend to observe from a distance and always try to see the best in people, even if I don't know them.

The ISFJ has an extremely well-developed sense of space, function, and aesthetic appeal. For that reason, they're likely to have beautifully furnished, functional homes. They make extremely good interior decorators. This special ability, combined with their sensitivity to other's feelings and desires, makes them very likely to be great gift-givers - finding the right gift which will be truly appreciated by the recipient. 

Yes. Buying gifts is literally my favourite type of shopping. Except that is when The Boy takes me on my fifth trip round Westfield to look for Christmas presents for his family and friends, and then ends up buying the items I pointed out in the first place.

ISFJs are extremely aware of their own internal feelings, as well as other people's feelings. They do not usually express their own feelings, keeping things inside. If they are negative feelings, they may build up inside the ISFJ until they turn into firm judgments against individuals which are difficult to unseed, once set. 

Oh. My.God.
This is me in so many ways.

The ISFJ feels a strong sense of responsibility and duty. They take their responsibilities very seriously, and can be counted on to follow through. For this reason, people naturally tend to rely on them. The ISFJ has a difficult time saying "no" when asked to do something, and may become over-burdened. In such cases, the ISFJ does not usually express their difficulties to others, because they intensely dislike conflict, and because they tend to place other people's needs over their own.


ISFJs need positive feedback from others. In the absence of positive feedback, or in the face of criticism, the ISFJ gets discouraged, and may even become depressed. When down on themselves or under great stress, the ISFJ begins to imagine all of the things that might go critically wrong in their life. They have strong feelings of inadequacy, and become convinced that "everything is all wrong", or "I can't do anything right". 

The Boy would agree with the above statement wholeheartedly. I do on occasion tend to be hard on myself and think the worst, which I'm trying to stop and to start valuing myself a little more. If only just to be able to leave the house on time, and without having to change my outfit a million times.

The ISFJ is warm, generous, and dependable. They have many special gifts to offer, in their sensitivity to others, and their strong ability to keep things running smoothly. They need to remember to not be overly critical of themselves, and to give themselves some of the warmth and love which they freely dispense to others. 
Source: http://www.personalitypage.com/ISFJ.html

It's amazing how a series of questions and answers can determine so much about me and my inner thoughts and feelings. 

Spooky almost.

This post is part of Blogtember, the brainchild of Jenni over at Story of My Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...