Monday 26 August 2013

A world of wonders in Wickham

On Friday I rushed from work, keen for the Bank Holiday weekend to begin, dodged the tourists on Oxford Street and jumped onto the train South. Visiting my Mum and Dad is one of my all time favourite things to do so I'll always leap at the chance for a trip home and beginning my week off with some time in the Heath seemed the perfect way to start.

With our planned carboot rained off on Saturday morning, Mum and I hit Whiteley Village for a spot of girlie bonding before meeting up with Dad for a trip to Wickham, and one of my favourite shopping destinations, Chesapeake Mill.

This treasure trove of all things vintage never fails to leave me dreaming of either a) having my own home to buy antiques for, or b) wanting to open a shop of my own. Maybe one day.

Wickham is not really the place to go if you're feeling particularly skint as the entire village is packed to the rafters with candy box cottages that would make even the most city slick woman dream of a country lifestyle.
Chesapeake Mill is full to the brim of treats - if you don't appreciate the world of vintage I would suggest you look away now...
I think this crockery is absolutely gorgeous and would look amazing on a wooden dresser, or as a signature piece in an otherwise plain kitchen or dining room.
 Although these two dogs are kind of....hideous, I actually love them!
Not everything in the Mill is old, some items are reproductions or boutique items in a "shabby chic" style, which I also really like - as long as these pieces are combined with some older bits and bobs.
Everywhere you look there are patterns and colours to draw you attention.
This cocktail cabinet could look amazing in the right type of house.

On this occasion I came away empty handed (which was more to do with having to catch a train back to London than anything else) but I know I'll definitely be back - Christmas in particular is a great time to visit, especially if you're in search of present inspiration.

To find out more about Chesapeake Mill, visit their website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...