Sunday 10 February 2013

Sunday night date at Malmaison

Last weekend The Boy and I headed out for a much needed Sunday night away from home. After weeks of illness and long hours at work we needed a break, and what better than a random night away from home in our city?

After reading this post by The Londoner late last year I knew that a stay at the Malmaison Hotel would be right up my street and the food at the Brasserie would be equally as appealing to The Boy (and me).

Maxi Dress - River Island
Clutch Bag - H&M
Scarf - Homemade
Faux Leather Jacket - F&F

We headed East on Sunday afternoon and went to the 5pm showing of the musical Jersey Boys, a show that The Boy has been dying to see, at the Prince Edward Theatre near Leicester Square. Having seen Wicked a few weeks ago I was a little underwhelmed - I like a musical with all the bells and whistles (i.e. flying witches, talking monkeys and a girl with green skin) - but The Boy loved it. And to be fair I enjoyed it to. The set was ingenious and the music was foot-tappingly good, it was the perfect start to date night.

After the musical, we took a nighttime stroll near the Barbican before settling in for a late supper at the hotel restaurant, the Brasserie. Situated in the basement, I was concerned that we might be the only ones dining so late on a Sunday but I needn't have worried as, thanks to the fantastic food on offer, the restaurant was reassuringly busy. I had the crab and avocado starter which was absolutely delicious (anything that involves avocado is a winner with me) whilst The Boy settled for calamari and chorizo (equally delicious). Over a crisp bottle of white we discussed plans for 2013, our previous dates and our first proper night of drinks after a dry January. It was wonderful.
 Just a little bit naughty

For our mains The Boy went for lamb (his favourite) whilst I lowered the tone with the Stack Burger. An absolute monster of a meal, and one which Michael had to help me with more than a little bit. We finished with cocktails and more chatter as the bar started to empty, comfortable with the knowledge we only had a two minute trip in the lift to reach our room, rather than a 45 minute tube journey across the city. It was both a relaxing and fun night, we shall definitely be making a return visit.

The Boy and I took advantage of the Malmaison Sunday Stopover - a great deal if you fancy a delicious meal alongside a comfortable overnight stay in one of twelve cosmopolitan cities.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...