Monday 7 January 2013

Water, water everywhere...

So, it's the new year and I'm desperately trying not to shop before my trip to New York. Even with my frugal, buy-in-advance ways the lead up to Christmas was an expensive one, so January looks set to be particularly lean. The good news is that not only do I not need anything but my wardrobe is overflowing with gorgeous forgotten gems that simply need a bit of a re-style for SS13 to bring them up-to-date.

That being said, there are plenty of new season beauties out there for the taking. Just not by me. So, here's what I would buy, if I were allowed to shop.

1. A leather-look pencil skirt


PU Pencil Skirt - £28
I went for a wonderful brunch and a wander around Chelsea with Zsa Zsa on Saturday and she was looking as stylish as ever in this little gem from Next - a steal at £28. I liked it so much I found myself on the way to the online check out before reality hit and I had to take myself off to do some cleaning to stop myself from purchasing it - I advise you do so quick before it's sold out.

2. A pleated shirt dress

NW3 Chiara Dress - £149
I love this preppy shirt dress by NW3 at Hobbs - it's a great transitional piece that will work now with tights and boots, then with sandals and a straw hat for the warmer months. I'm telling you, this dress will be mine by the end of the season.

3. Peep-toe wedge boot
Open toe high vamp wedge boots - £60
Wedges are one of my favourite type of heels, comfortable yet stylish and this pair by River Island are absolutely gorgeous and perfect for a night out.

4. A spot of leopard print
Leopard print t-shirt dress - £35
If you know me, you'll know that I love leopard print and this dress by River Island is the perfect way to indulge my addiction without looking like I belong on TOWIE.

5. Big black shoulder bag
Black leather bag - £69.99
It's a big regret of mine that I did not buy the black leather shopper that NW3 did last season and I've been searching for a similar version ever since. Luckily for me Clarks has come up with this beauty to fulfill my shoulder-bag needs - I will also own this by the end of the season, of that I'm sure of.

1 comment:

  1. Stay strong Laura! Just think of New York!!!! (not jealous at all)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...