Sunday 13 January 2013

No Noise at Selfridges

On Thursday I ventured back to my old stomping grounds, Oxford Street. This week saw the release of our SS13 collection so I made the most of a quiet day in the office and hit the streets to check it out in some stores.

Selfridges was my first stop, so as I waited for the doors to open I got a chance to check out the latest window displays by this retail giant. After the hustle and bustle of 2012, when the store had many an eclectic VM display theme (all things British for the jubilee, not your average Christmas, and an explosion of spots for Yayoi Kusama's collaboration with Louis Vuitton) the store has decided to go back to their roots and reintroduce an element of calm to the shopping experience with their No Noise campaign. 


Not only has the store opened The Quiet Shop selling de-branded merchandise from major brands such as Heinz, Clinique, Creme de la Mer and Levi's but they've also introduced the Silence Room, where shoppers can take a load off and truly take a break from the craziness of central London. Visitors are asked to drop off their mobile phones and shoes on arrival in order to truly appreciate all the space has to offer and I have to admit, I think this is a fantastic idea. The Boy doesn't care so much for shopping and there has been many, many, an occasion when a room such as this would have been the perfect solution to my shopping woes (i.e. watching him have a full tantrum in the footwear department of Next over my wanting to buy a(nother) pair of boots).

Alas, I needed to get back to the office so didn't get a chance to checkout the de-branded products myself (I hope to next time I'm in town) but here's a selection of pictures of the window displays which I must say I adored.

 Find out more about the No Noise campaign here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...