Sunday 18 November 2012

It's always darkest before the dawn

As most of you may know, the past week marked a turning point in my life: I started my new job.

I love Hobbs but the past few months have been far from happy ones for me and I had come to the conclusion long ago that maybe it was time for a change. Luckily for me, one of my favourite brands, All Saints, were looking for an Assistant Store Planner and wanted little old me for the role. It's still early days but so far I'm loving it, the people are great and the role has reignited my passion for branch merchandising which Caroline (my old manager, now friend) started all those years ago.

No longer am I working in the hustle and bustle of Oxford Street, instead I'm based in the heart of east London. Which is bound to be good for my bank balance (and my sanity), as no longer will I be tempted by bargain basement stores, or have to battle though the shoppers they attract on my nightly commute. I'm really enjoying exploring the area and spent my day off last Monday taking a look around. Here's what I've found so far.

 Rough Trade - a perfect spot to while away my lunch break.

 Beyond Retro - a vintage mecca for me to explore, the only thing missing was Zsa Zsa and Rebeccs to keep me focussed (and away from the leopard print).

I can already sense that the bagel shops are going to become my weakness - this salt beef, pickle and mustard bad boy will definitely be happening again.

Unexpected graffiti has long been a favourite spot of mine - now there's almost up-to-the-minute artworks being created right on my doorstep.

The advertising for Margiela with H&M was really innovative and once I'd spotted one I couldn't help but find more - I hope to see more exciting retail innovations going on in the area.

We finished the afternoon in The Craft Beer Co (somewhere I know The Boy is anxious to get back to) which I loved as it reminded me of some of the many, many, pubs I've been to with Dad over the years.

What are your highlights and recommendations for East London?

1 comment:

  1. awwww good luck with the new job sweetie, you'll be awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...