Wednesday 26 September 2012

My week in photos 9

The past week was a pretty busy one, with it being my birthday and all! Marathon training took presidence over everything else (I even went for a four mile run on my birthday) but I still managed to find time to fit in some fun.
Clockwise from top left: Miniature cakes, crustless sandwiches and massive scones, it must be cream tea time! - Dinner at Muriel's Kitchen - My favourite Arizona Iced Tea - A birthday gift from Zsa Zsa

Last Sunday Zsa treated me to afternoon tea (swiftly followed by dinner at Muriel's Kitchen - more of that later) which officially marked the start of my birthday celebrations. After working Monday to Wednesday, I (wisely) decided to take Thursday and Friday off work and, along with The Boy, was able to enjoy a nice long weekend-bliss. Here's a snippet of what we got up to.
 Clockwise from top left: Presents to open on birthday morning - Fashion week diet coke - A delicious tasting and impressive looking birthday cake made especially for me by my good friend Bateson - My nightly run past Kensington Palace
 Clockwise from top left: A rather embarrassingly sized birthday breakfast fit for a king (or overweight builder) - Me and the gorgeous Rebecca Bond at my birthday dinner at Browns - An amazing birthday gift from Mike's wonderful sisters (and husbands, although I'm not sure they had much to do with choosing the gift!) - The boys bonding over wine and steak on a school night
 Clockwise from top left: The catwalk at London Fashion Weekend - Amazing jambalaya cooked by the wonderful Amy - Models walk the runway - Balloons for my birthday (I wish)

It was a really fun week and although it seems like all I did was eat, all the marathon training has managed to keep my waistline well and truly in check. That said, I've discovered that my initial fears were in fact true and I'm most definitely not a runner so will probably be looking for another exercise regime come October the 8th!

1 comment:

  1. looks like so much fun (and food of course) and belated happy birthday sweetie. xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...