Sunday 2 September 2012

Keep on running

Strange though it may seem, I've decided to do something completely out of character and sign up to complete a half marathon this Autumn. I cannot guarantee that I will actually run the whole thing but I know one thing for certain: I will complete the whole 13.1 miles (even if I'm crawling over the finish line). Training has not gone well. As much as I am completing a nightly jog at least three times a week, they are short to say the least and due to the recent warm weather (and my tendency towards heat stroke) I'll happily admit I'm currently not reaching my full potential. I'm looking forward to the cooler evenings when a run around the block will be the perfect solution to the work stress that has built up over the course of the day.


I was lucky enough to be gifted recently with a Warm Up and Win t-shirt from Samsung which promotes the Samsung Hope Relay and enters into the 2012 Olympic spirit. which has certainly come in handy during my training. The idea of the Samsung Hope Relay is that Samsung are gathering together thousands of five second clips and choosing the best to compile a Hope Relay video. In addition, for every mile run using the Samsung Hope Relay App, Samsung will donate a £1 to children's charities, helping bring hope and a positive future for underprivileged kids. What's better than that? So if you fancy a laugh, take a look at the video below for my entry.


Or, if you're feeling generous and fancy supporting my attempt at "running" the Royal Parks half marathon you can do so here - I'm running for NDCS, a charity dedicated to creating a world without barriers for deaf children and young people by providing emotional and practical support to them and their families.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...