Thursday 2 August 2012

Random Wednesday: The Billionares playground

The excitement over the Olympics has reached fever pitch over the past few weeks and, I must say I was feeling a little bah humbug about the whole thing. Altered working hours and millions more people trying to take the last available seat on the already overcrowded tube? No thank you I thought. That is, until I dropped by the Olympic party held by Schön Magazine aboard the MS Deutschland last Wednesday. 
Currently operating as a floating hotel (that's come all the way from Germany) the MS Deutschland was the perfect setting for Schön Magazine to throw an amazing party celebrating all things German and wish the German team luck for the coming weeks.

Rebecca, Zsa Zsa and I ambled over after work to sample all that Germany and Schön Magazine had to offer, and let me tell you, we were more than impressed. The varieties of people in the queue to get on board was slightly baffling to begin with (imagine a load of MPs, on a boat, with everyone who works at All Saints and you'll come close to the scenario we were faced with). But from the the delicious pretzels, to the amazing setting, to the people themselves (who certainly know how to party) - we had a whale of a time and it was the perfect way to kick start our Olympic spirits (and was simply fuel to the fire for my ambitions to live abroad).
As I write this the Olympics have well and truly begun and I'm exhausted from all the 7am starts, but I must say I'm loving living in the 2012 Olympic city. I might not actually be going to any events but the buzz in town and the sense of community and fair play is easy to get swept up in. When we won our first gold in the women's rowing it was a special moment to watch the medal ceremony on the TV at work with my friends and seeing Bradley Wiggins take Gold in the time trials are memories that I'll remember all my life. 
So, I like sport. Who knew?

As the sun set, Zsa, Rebecca and I put the world to rights and danced the night away on board a cruise ship overlooking a collection of super yachts belonging to the worlds most rich and famous. I must say it was pretty surreal - and just what we needed on another random Wednesday. Thank you Schön!
 Image by Chris Butchart

You can read the amazing Schön Magazine here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...