Saturday 25 August 2012

27 Things I know and love about Zsa Zsa

Brace yourselves for (another) overly sentimental post, for yesterday, the 24th of August, marked a very special day in the L&F household. Not only was it a Friday and I didn’t have to go away for the weekend for a wedding (huzzah!), it was also my best friend Zsa Zsa’s 27th birthday!


I’ve only known Zsa Zsa (Sasha to everyone else) for a little over a year but she has fast become a HUGE part of my life and I don’t know where I’d be without her – her straight talking and great advice on anything from friendship, to career choices, to our similarly hopeless boyfriends, has gotten me through many a trialling day/week.

She means the world to me so I thought I’d share with you all 27 things I know and love about Zsa Zsa:


  1. Her childlike excitement for anything remotely involving food. I don’t even need to say the name of a restaurant or bar, only “I read about this place on The Londoner” and Zsa will cut me off with “So, when are we going?”
  2. The fact that these are the only two photos in existence of just the two of us - we're always too busy taking photos of each other.
  3. The fact that we don’t even need to speak to know what the other is thinking.
  4. The fact that the men in our lives both have an appreciation of all things nerdy – as this means they’re kept occupied whilst Zsa and I are shopping/gossiping/eating/watching episodes of The City. I don’t however think that the ever stylish Ben has any chance of persuading The Boy to wear a cardigan, much the pity.
  5. Her hair. I just love Zsa’s hair when it’s braided – I always wanted to look like Lauryn Hill in Sister Act 2 when I was growing up, which as a skinny, blonde, white girl, came as quite a disappointment to realise that having my hair braided might not be the best idea.
  6. The fact that she is the oracle when it comes to discount codes – if there’s money off to be had, you can guarantee Zsa knows about it.
  7. Her singing in the shower – whenever Zsa stays over it’s always a musical treat.
  8. Both Ben (Zsa’s boyfriend) and Zsa push me to get out of my comfort zone. Our recent trip to Thorpe Park was pretty terrifying for me (a girl who hates rollercoasters) but thanks to their encouragement (and the fact I was given no other option) I went on numerous rides and had an absolutely fantastic time.
  9. That she loves a good gossip/moan/rage session.
  10. Her amazing sense of fashion - I always look forward to seeing the next ensemble she comes up with.
  11. The fact that we both have the Spice Girls on our iPods – and no we are not ashamed of this fact!
  12. Her mutual appreciation of The Cheesecake Factory (even though she’s never been!). Don’t worry Zsa, I plan on taking you to the one in Florida when we go next year.
  13. That she loves peanut butter Kit Kat chunky's just as much as me.
  14. That she loves to wind both The Boy and Ben (her boyfriend) up just as much as I do.
  15. The fact that, like me, she ALWAYS has room for dessert.
  16. Her laugh: cackle, snort, squeal - I love them all (and mimicking them is one of my all time favourite things to do).
  17. Zsa's blog: The Life Wardrobe. One of my favourite reads, it makes me think, makes me laugh, makes me lust over the contents of her amazing wardrobe, and truly is the ultimate representation of the fabulousness that is Sasha Glasgow in blog form.
  18. Her height. Zsa may consider herself short, whereas I just see her as perfectly proportioned - something I wish I was.
  19. Her keenness to hit the dance floor. Drunk, sober, on dry land, on a boat - location doesn't matter as long as the music is good.
  20. Her drive. When Zsa wants something she goes for it and doesn't stop until she's got it.
  21. Her passion. The first half of this year at work was a very difficult time for us due to forces outside our control but together we came through it and kept each other going. I believe we are both stronger women as a result.
  22. The fact I can share my dreams and aspirations with Zsa and she won't laugh (mainly because they're pretty much the same thing).
  23. Her ability to justify any purchase (I do this too). The two of us should never be allowed to go shopping together on payday-we behave as if we've won the lottery.
  24. The fact that she makes it acceptable for us to eat other people's left overs when we go for a work lunch.
  25. That she gets excited with me that Christmas is coming - in September.
  26. Her love of a bargain - be it reduced food in M&S or a sneaky sale purchase
  27. And most of all...that she is the first person I’ve met in a really long time, that I can truly call a friend – and a best one at that.
I love you Zsa Zsa - have a wonderful birthday weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I think the best bit was 'drunk, sober, on dry land or a boat!' That is right people, the time is always right for a good ol' shake of the booty!

    LDA, genius post xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...