Friday 20 July 2012

The Love list



As much as I've been rambling on of late about my fondness for France, I must say I do love holidaying in England. It must be something to do with the years of summer holidays I spent traveling around Brewery's and craft shops with my family that has me yearning for a British escape (well that and reading the Famous Five and Swallows and Amazons when I was a kid). There's just something about the British seaside and English country villages that will forever hold a place in my heart. 

I've spent many a week in the past wandering around the Isle of Wight with both friends and family and I really want to go again this year. Usually I try and stay in one of the many amazing places owned by Vintage Vacations, like the Shack.


The Shack is an amazing two bedroom cabin looking out onto a wild flower meadow and a secluded cove and beach. In a word, it's magical, and the perfect place for a weekend away. One of the reasons I love staying at the Shack so much is because it's different. It manages to transport you back to a time when you didn't need to worry about charging your phone, because you didn't even have a phone. Bliss

Claire over at Jazzpad is the one who has reignited my passion for holidaying in the UK and also has me desperate to stay at the beautiful Orchard Carriage in Somerset. It looks amazing and, like all that the Shack has to offer, would be the perfect place for a holiday where you can truly relax and unwind. 

You can find Orchard Carriage and many other amazing places to stay over on Canopy and Stars, a great website showcasing unusual retreats in the UK, France, Spain and Portugal. I'm loving The Chapel in Shropshire (hint, hint).



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...