Friday 13 July 2012

Fish & Chips: the dinner of champions

Firstly, I must apologise for the lack of blog posts lately. I know, I know, I'm rubbish. But what can I say? Things got a little crazy so I went away for a while and have come back revitalised and with a new outlook on life.

You can expect many a blog post over the coming days filling you in on all that I've been getting up to, but first let me tell you all about one of my new favourite places to eat in West London, which I finally got to try out a couple of weeks back.
I had passed Kerbisher & Malt at Brook Green on many an occasion but had never been passing at the right time of day to partake in any of the delicious food they had to offer. A fish and chip takeaway cum restaurant, this small eatery puts all other fish and chip shops in the shade. The stylish, retro inspired decor is right up my street and really suits the Kerbisher and Malt brand - and customer.

After a period of deliberation I went for cod and chips, lemon mayo and a diet coke (having to make an emergency trip back to the counter five minutes later to order a side of mushy peas to share). Let me tell you, the food was divine and the portions were more than generous.

Having always lived by the sea, the move to London has meant my almost weekly indulgence at the local chippy has fallen by the wayside (and my waistline has thanked me for it) but as an every-so-often treat, Kerbisher and Malt looks set to be my new go-to fish and chip shop. I can even be healthy and have my fish grilled should the mood take me.

Voted the Best Contemporary Chippy is Britain by Esquire magazine and with glowing praise from the likes of Heston Blumenthal, K&M seem to be going from strength to strength. With a new branch opening soon in Ealing, it looks like many more West Londoners will be able to take advantage of this gem of an eatery. Hell, even if you're not from West London, Kerbisher & Malt is definitely worth a visit.
Find out more about Kerbisher and Malt here.

1 comment:

  1. oh I love mushy peas with fish and chips!!!!!! hmmmmmm you made me hungry :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...