Saturday 14 April 2012

Today is the day...


Last week (in a moment of what some might call madness), I decided to sign up for a half marathon. I know it may seem like I’ve lost my mind, but I am relatively fit and am considerably lighter than I once was, plus I do like a challenge! So this week I embarked on my first bout of training, namely Austin’s Army in Hyde Park on Tuesday followed by a brisk run around the block this morning (that’s right, no lie-in for me). 


For those of you unfamiliar with Austin’s Army (basically any of you who aren’t lucky enough to know Kirsty Austin), the session consists of circuits and drills which, I hope, will enable me to look lean and toned by summer and just generally build up my fitness levels., whilst letting the city workers walking by on their way home think that I’m so rich I can afford a personal trainer (when really, I can’t even afford a gym membership). Now let me be clear: Austin was not messing. She literally had me doing push ups in the mud (pretty much in a thunder storm). As much as I didn’t enjoy it at the time (or for the next two days when I could barely walk due to all the squats), I do feel a lot fitter, even after only one session – who knows how I’ll feel in a few months time, let alone how I’ll look! Watch this space for updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...