Thursday 19 April 2012

Nails of the day: Out of the blue

I've been trying to take more care of my appearance of late, particularly my nails, which seems to have led to me developing somewhat of an obsession with buying nail varnish. Two recent shades include Deep Sea Blue by George at Asda and a Blue Glitter by Barry M, which I layered this week to match a necklace (that's right, I'm that type of girl). 


As both my mother and Zsa often tell me, I am like a magpie when it comes to anything sparkly and as soon as I saw this necklace in Dorothy Perkins I knew I had to have it, regardless of whether or not it was my style. I decided to layer it over a white collared shirt and black round neck jumper, paired with blue jeans to make the look more casual, and I must say I am now very much a fan of this type of ensemble. I'm already thinking of other ways to create a similar look using different accessories and colours. My outfit did get a few comparisons to the style of Caroline Flack over the course of the day (I'm not sure if this is a good thing) which I suppose I can see, must be my expertly dip dyed hair*.

Overall I was really pleased with how well this varnish lasted, it went on easily and didn't chip until the fifth day, however I must say it was an absolute bitch to get off. As much as I love the look of glitter varnish I usually have to resort to picking it off once it starts to chip as removing it with cotton wool and nail varnish remover tends to create a mess - if anyone knows of an easy way to remove glitter polish do share, you'd make my life.

*more than a years worth of grown out roots

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...