Sunday 15 April 2012

I left my heart in Tokyo


Last night The Boy and I spent a cosy night in eating pasta, drinking wine and just generally enjoying each others company. It was a lovely lazy evening that followed on from a pretty uneventful day (saving money is boring but sometimes a weekend at home is just what the doctor ordered).

We seem to have watched many a film of late, mostly chosen by The Boy; Unknown, Drive and many an episode from The Wire box set (a Christmas present, what was I thinking?!), so I put my foot down and declared that I wanted to watch Memoirs of a Geisha. This was not The Boy's first choice that's for sure, but I love this film, the storyline, the scenery, the outfits; pure cinematic bliss.
 

The film got me thinking about when I visited Tokyo in 2009 and what an absolutely amazing place it is. I'd love to go back someday and stay for a while longer (we were only there for a week) as I love the culture and would like more of a chance to explore.
 

Watching the film and looking back through some of my old pictures inspired me to take some pictures for my look of the day today next to some amazing trees I saw in the cemetery yesterday when I went for my run. I'm not sure what trees they are but to me they have a similar feel to the Japanese cherry blossom and I really love the colour.

Jacket: Tesco
Scarf: H&M
Top: New Look
Trousers: Matalan
Pumps: Marks and Spencer
Belt: Primark
Bag: Hobbs


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...