Monday 26 March 2012

A week on my plate

The 16lbs in 16weeks challenge has fallen by the wayside somewhat over the past month and, in dire need of a kick start on the diet front, last week I embarked upon a post entitled "a week on my plate". Having lost about 6/7lbs since my challenge began (Zsa has put me to shame with more than a stone) things seem to have stalled and the last few pounds are proving tricky to shift. The premise of "a week on my plate" was simple: one week, all my food, photographed. I found this challenge surprisingly enjoyable and it truly opened my eyes to the diet demons crowding my plate at every mealtime.

Breakfasts are almost always Shreddies with banana and raisins - a bag of salted popcorn often helps me through the day - Michael's legendary lunchtime wraps -  olives and calamari - M&S probiotic yoghurt with cherry compot - homemade sausage and mash

So what did I learn? The most glaring realisation was simply that I eat far too many carbs (I'm clearly a savoury rather than sweet girl), and that I don't eat half as much fruit and veg as I think I do (this has to change if I ever want to lose the last 10lbs). Also, that my portions can be somewhat on the large side, when a smaller meal would be just as satisfying. 

As summer is approaching I refuse to let this last bit of chub hold me back and have instead revised my challenge to become: The 10lbs in 10weeks challenge. 

Starting now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...