Wednesday 28 March 2012

Hyde Park with Havaianas


On Sunday I was lucky enough (thanks to the fabulous Rachel) to take part in an exciting video shoot in Hyde Park for Havaianas Origine Espadrilles. As much as I loathe having to get up early on a Sunday, especially when the clocks have gone forward an hour, for this I made an exception and I practically leapt out of bed and headed out in the sunshine. 

I met up with Rachel and Laura (two fellow bloggers) by the Lido cafe where we waited with the guys from Havaianas and Ebuzzing for the shoot to begin and, aside from the flies, it was a perfectly lovely way to while away an hour, sitting in the sun watching the world go by. I love London's parks in the summertime (even though we all expressed our longing for the countryside the second the sun comes out).


The actual shoot took place in the park itself with us running about making general fools of ourselves with lost of other bloggers all in the name of fun. I normally have a tendency to get ultra nervous before meeting new people (something which I'm overcoming with age) and the prospect of having to jump around like a mad thing with virtual strangers did make my stomach flip a little but it was really nice to finally get to spend some time with Rachel and to meet Laura, (both of whom have fantastic blogs) especially when it became clear we were all feeling the same about jumping about in front of virtual strangers. But we needn't have worried and the shoot turned out to be a great laugh.


We each ended the day with a fabulous new pair of Havaianas Origine Espadrilles, which are both comfortable and perfect for the hot weather we've been having. I was DYING for a pink pair but alas my cankles put paid to that notion and I ended up with this equally lovely neutral pair which I can't wait to wear this summer, or maybe even this weekend if the weather stays the way it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...