Wednesday 15 February 2012

A little Irish gem

Whilst in Dublin this past weekend, aside from eating and drinking like there was no tomorrow, I found time to drag The Boy around an amazing store called Avoca that had been recommended to me by a friend. I’m all for a spot of shopping on a weekend away, especially if it involves discovering somewhere that is a bit more off the beaten track than your average high street store. On this occasion I didn’t actually buy anything (due not entirely to the no-shopping-pledge, mostly just because of my lack of money) but the entire shop was just so “me” I found it inspiring all the same. Avoca is something of an emporium where gorgeous homewares nestle alongside the most amazing cafĂ© and food store selling homemade jams, soups and cakes. I’m the kind of girl that will always seek out quirky gifts and gadgets and this shop was literally like someone had followed me around for my whole life and picked out anything I’d ever showed an interest in and gathered them all together in one place.

If you’re in Dublin, Avoca on Suffolk Street is well worth checking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...