Thursday 9 February 2012

2012, the year so far


January has been nothing short of magical. Sure, there were moments when the month seemed to be dragging on for all eternity and February would never come, but I wouldn't have missed a minute.

We welcomed in the new year just The Boy and I, a romantic evening of good food, fine wine, and unbelievably, dancing just us two. I'm so lucky, I swear sometimes it's like I live in a Disney movie, soppy I know.
I've spent most of the month being healthy and keeping active, basically trying to achieve my 16lbs in 16 weeks challenge (and as at least one trip this year will involve me being in a bikini, efforts must be doubled for February). So far I'm down 7lbs and am feeling pretty good about it. Plus, thanks to Weight Watchers, I'm still eating all the foods I love and treating myself at weekends to things like curry, or a Sunday roast and a glass of wine.
Exercise over the past few weeks has taken many forms. I have a new found love for power plate classes which, thanks to a groupon deal and an equally determined friend, I have five more sessions to look forward to this month. I have also started walking home from work in central London, which takes over an hour but lets me see sights I would miss if I were squashed on the tube. Like six herons resting in Hyde Park on a frosty winters evening (I know, I’m a geek). I’m looking forward to the lighter evenings when I’ll be doing my after work exercise in Hyde Park with my friends and then be able to walk home whilst the suns still out.
Last weekend was by far the best so far this year, fun but chilled with some of my favourite people. Work has been pretty stressful over the past few weeks so it was nice when both myself, Zsa and the branch merch teams hard work was recognised, and rewarded with a bottle of champagne from the head of merchandising. We of course cracked this open on our girls night in on Friday with Kirsty. Kebabs (seriously, not just any Kebab, THE kebab, if you're in west London check out Best Mangal, they rock), champers, my girls, and a spot of Friday night gossiping, believe me, it was bliss.
Saturday was pretty mellow, beginning with a girls trip to the market to stock up on fruit and veg, checking out some charity shops on the way. Then I met up with Amy and headed to a Hobbs sample sale (that’s right ANOTHER one) where I picked up a great NW3 dress which I’ve wanted for ages, getting round the no-shopping pledge by using the sample sale rule. We finished the evening off as the snow was starting to fall in a lovely Vietnamese restaurant in Chiswick and then on to an amazing pub called the Hampshire Hog, where it was Disaronno’s all round, good times. So far, I feel like I’m managing to stick to my resolutions for 2012 and am feeling pretty happy about it. I’m definitely living a more healthy life and am devoting more time to the people I care about, whilst making some additional cash on eBay along the way. I’m continuing with my scrapbooking, writing and sewing and soon I’ll be a student again (lord help me) so that’ll definitely get my creative juices flowing. If I’m honest, I can’t wait. Bring on the next few weeks.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...