Thursday 5 January 2012

New Years resolutions (simplified)

In a recent post I went over some of my greater ambitions not only for 2012 but for life in general, this post will be a little different.

A few years ago I had a feeling that my life was headed in the same mundane destination, day in, day out, always the same, which led me to make a drastic decision. For the following year I would live my life in a more adventurous way, namely if I didn't want to do anything or if something scared me I should, in the words of Nike, just do it. This decision changed my life. Not only was 2010 the year I met The Boy, with our first date being on a canoe (believe me, the Shallow Hal connotations alone were almost enough to make me scrap my new way of living and run for the hills) but it was also the year that was to be the hardest period of studying of my life. Within two weeks of new years day I would leave my job and embark on what would become my life's work, my Masters. To cut a long story short, living with a greater abandon than ever before allowed me to make choices I'd never even considered, which turned out to be some of the greatest decisions of my life.

I plan to live by a similar mantra for 2012, whilst hopefully crossing a few things off my to-do list:

1. Learn to bake bread, successfully and without the use of a bread maker.
2. Use my Holga camera (which I've had since 2009 and it still hasn't been out of the box).
3. Finish my Christmas cross stitch sampler before it's Christmas again.
4. Cook my first ever roast dinner (this fills me with fear just typing the words).
5. Go swimming at the Serpentine Lido.

6. Visit the Isle of Wight again.

7. Change internet providers at the earliest opportunity (Virgin just can’t cut it).

8. Shop less, save more.

9. Buy and use a shredder to deal with paperwork (boring I know).

10. Make a £1,000 on ebay.


1 comment:

  1. Great post. I wanna be like you when I grow up! Please involve me in said adventurous living please.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...