Monday 2 January 2012

Food for thought

So, today is the day the non-new-years-resolution diet starts, and when I say starts I should really say returns, as I am usually pretty healthy and don’t allow too many bad foods in the house (if they aren’t here then they can’t hurt me). However, the days between Christmas and New Year have taken a dire toll on my waistline, especially with Mother sending us back to London with a hamper full of cheese (my own personal downfall) and cake (ditto). As the year ahead is already packed with events at which I’ll need to look my best in a dress, before we even mention swimwear; it’s time for me to take some action.


My good friend Zsa Zsa of The Life Wardrobe has suggested we challenge ourselves to lose 16lbs in 16 weeks and I think this is a reasonably doable task, provided the biscuits and cakes at Hobbs HQ are kept well away from the branch merchandising area (fat chance) This being said, there still seems to be rather a lot of food in the L&F household and, as we don’t like waste, today saw myself and The Boy busying ourselves with the task of concocting healthy meals for the freezer out of the items left from the festive period. Lunch was a steak and goats cheese salad (not the most healthiest of meals I know but we are in a non-wasting mood and as the goats cheese was looking for a home – I welcomed it with open, bingo winged arms). Dinner will be Weight Watchers vegetarian curry, a staple meal in the L&F household, mainly because it uses up pretty much any leftover veg and is point-free (for anyone not used to WW terminology, point-free is basically the holy grail of Weight Watchers meals, i.e.: eat as much as you like). This afternoon also saw me use my bread maker for the first time, which is a hobby I could really see myself getting into in 2012. Admittedly my first attempt did come from a bread mix (Broomers, if you’re reading this I know you will be shocked and appalled at this admission, therefore any time you want to come over and give me a lesson in baking you’re more than welcome) but it was still pretty successful and fun all the same. I also found time to set up a food survival pack to take to work with me tomorrow, as even though I’m sure the whole office will be on a January detox, there’s bound to be temptation everywhere, namely homemade Tiffin from Sophie’s Mother, (which is bound to go straight to my thighs).


1 comment:

  1. Great post. I love your writing. I found your blog on the Next Blogger Network, would love it if you could check out my blog and follow :D
    http://outsidebeautyinsidehealth.blogspot.com/

    Thanks xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...