Saturday 12 February 2011

Lunch at the Queens Head, Brook Green


Last week saw me spending another weekend in London town (not that I’m complaining). Still no luck with the flat/job hunt so stayed for a few days with The Boy in West Kensington. On Sunday following a lie in, we ended up spending lunch relaxing at the Queens Head in Brook Green. Me: reading The Sunday Times Style magazine, him: the sports section (natch). Having spent my entire life being dragged around grotty pubs all over the country in my Dad’s quest for real ale, The Queens Head was a welcome change from many London boozers. A great little village pub with a friendly atmosphere (and, on Sundays, Yorkshire puddings to die for), the warm atmosphere saw plenty of couples and families enjoying a lazy day.


We had visited once in the summer and sat in the beer garden but on a chilly February day we selected a cosy nook in the bar and settled in for the afternoon.


It was pretty much a perfect day for me, apart from the hellish bus journey back to Titchfield later that afternoon, followed by an evening of trying to cobble together something resembling a professional portfolio for my interview on Wednesday. Need to stop half-living my London life and actually MAKE IT HAPPEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...